Welcome to Money Diaries, in which we’re tackling what might be the closing taboo going through modern operating ladies: money. We’re asking millennials how they spend their difficult-earned cash throughout a seven-day length — and we’re monitoring each ultimate dollar.
Today: a mission manager running in language offerings makes $45,000 in keeping with the year and spends some of her money this week on Gatorade.
Occupation: Project Manager
- Industry: Language Services
- Age: 29
- Location: Washington, D.C.
- Salary: $45,000
- Paycheck Amount (2x/month): $1,370
- Gender Identity: Woman
- Monthly Expenses
- Rent: $1,070 for one-bedroom in a two-bedroom rental that I proportion with one roommate, my dog, and her cat.
- Student Loans: $zero (I went to an inexpensive college and worked or had scholarships to cover the whole thing.)
- Cell Phone: $50 for a pay as you go, provider,
- Utilities: ~$one hundred forty for net, gas, water, and electric powered
- Netflix: $0 (My roommate is on her family plan.)
- MetroCard: $150 reimbursed through work, but I haven’t refilled in some time because I work at home ninety-five % of the time.
- Insurance: $2 hundred
- Pet Insurance: $35
- BarkBox: $30
- Apple Storage: $zero.Ninety-nine
- Gym: $a hundred and seventy for a vast pass to a barre/spin/yoga studio
- Additional Expenses
- Costco: $30 yearly, shared with my roommate
- CSA: $three hundred (Every six months, split with my roommate.)
- Day One
6: forty-five a.M. — Up and at them! I’m now not typically a morning exerciser, but I’m looking to make the exception of my month-to-month pass and have planned more than one night this week, so off I visit a 7:15 barre class after which to take my canine for a stroll. I get two miles off on foot by the point that I frequently roll off the bed.
8:30 a.M. — I get started with work. It’s been quite beyond a couple of days, so I cope with a few tasks and some reporting, then plan some meetings for later inside the week. As I’m scrolling through Insta, I word a pal is having a hard time, so I message her and then ship $15 to her Ko-fi account. $1